Public Service Announcements
What you should know about PSAs on KNAU:
- Public service announcements must be submitted by non-profit organizations.
- PSAs are roughly 20 seconds of written copy (approx 40-50 words).
- Information sent three to seven days before the event has less of a chance of making it on-air due to a constant influx of announcement requests sent to KNAU.
- Normally KNAU will not announce monthly meetings, events for profit- making businesses, or events that may only affect a very small portion of the community. PSAs are broadcast at the discretion of KNAU management.
What you should include in your PSA:
- Name of the event and a name of the non-profit organization sponsoring or setting up the event
- Location and address of the event
- Date and time of the event and, if needed, an itinerary for the activities
- Day/days the event will take place
- A description of the event
- Ticket price and purchase/reservation deadline, if applicable
- Contact phone number or website for more information
- Phonetic pronunciation of names if needed
- A courtesy call or e-mail if the event is changed, canceled, sold out, extended or incorrect
Submit your PSA request by e-mail here with the words "PSA Request" in the subject line. Thank you!